|Gibbs Die Casting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and as such will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetics, physical or mental disability, or other protected characteristic.
This posting is effective until 4:00pm on August 13, 2017
TITLE: Machine Operator B
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor/Area Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
MISSION: Performs designated cell operations for assigned shift by adhering to company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL GOALS, FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform standard work inspection and processing of part as directed per SWAT Chart.
- Chip out machine per standard work
- Reset cell/machines from Air comp faults
- Reset cell/machines from collision faults
- Perform other simple resets to get line running
- Operate the machine in line
- Read and understand SWAT charts
- Understand and perform mastering of gages for designated cell
- Understand how to use quality gauges for designated cell
- Understand use of assembly processes on assigned line
- Routine machine PM’s
- Ability to lead work of peers
- Enter hourly counts in computer or on boards
- Print and delete bar code lots
- Print rating tags
- Transfer material in CMS
- Perform Leak test verification per standard work
- Perform Poke Yoke verification per standard work
- Train new operators as introduced into designated cell
- Collect downtime data and record accurately
- Interface with machine HMI on dedicated equipment
- Adhere to RMA Process
- Understand quality standards for parts produced in that cell
- Perform 7-S activities
- Lead shift change huddles with incoming shift
- Adhere to standard work
- Monitor Equipment variables – hydraulic fluids, wash tank, air pressure
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Follow all aspects of Safety as described in GDC Safety Roles and Expectations.
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations including the proper use of all required personal protective equipment.
- Follow all TS16949 and ISO 14001 guidelines.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition according to established Gibbs 7-S Guidelines.
- Able to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Meet all physical and environmental requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Communication: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Mathematics: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning and Problem Solving: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software and Manufacturing software.
Other Requirements: Must have successfully completed “7S” training. Blueprint Reading, SPC of Tools, Measurement Tools for QC and Gibbs issued “Forklift Truck Operation and Safety” are preferred but not required.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a
contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
– original job
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to koch.