Responsible for the operation of all corn plant equipment, general maintenance of plant equipment, Probing, Grading Receiving, and Unloading of incoming corn; Blending of corn to the grain dryers, long term storage tanks, and Production tanks; Sanitation of the plant and Equipment; Insuring proper grain movements with in the corn storage facility.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Essential Duties: These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the
purpose of the position. Most job duties for this position, with the exception of cleaning and sanitation, will be at the direction of and/or with supervision and directions from plant operators or management and may require some level of supervision.
- Ensure that corn is properly received by using proper procedures when identifying, weighing, sampling, grading and off-loading corn.
- Testing of corn received for moisture, bushel weight, cracks, damage, etc., by proper operation of all testing equipment and testing procedures; recording all information for the company.
- Operation of grain cleaners & graders, gravity tables and de-stoners to company specifications
- Operation of Grain Dryers, and Grain Cleaning Equipment.
- Ensure that corn is correctly segregated, cleaned, dried and/or blended to desired moisture levels prior to storage.
- Ensure that quality preservation procedures are properly followed by: monitoring temperature, leveling silos, inspection and fogging of grain silos, bin rotation and cleaning of silos.
- Ensure that varieties and types of corn are blended, as directed for shipment or for internal use.
- Ensure that corn products are graded and packaged correctly, in the necessary quantities, and on a timely schedule so as to satisfy both customer needs and internal production requirements.
- Ensure outgoing corn products are shipped properly by loading, identifying, weighing, sampling and grading all outgoing products.
- Ensure the greatest possible plant efficiency by working with the corn plant maintenance, and maintenance department to implement cost effective maintenance and repair programs.
- To provide a safe working environment through regular inspections and the elimination of hazards and/or unnecessarily hazardous practices and ensure that all proper procedures are being followed.
- To assist management in any project or activity where the incumbent’s knowledge, experience and expertise might provide a positive contribution to the achievement of desired results.
- Maintain a Clean and effective facility by regularly cleaning all equipment and grounds, as well as general clean up.
- Empting, cleaning, and spraying with appropriate chemicals, all grain storage silos
- Housekeeping responsibilities including cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming, mopping, emptying trash cans, and cleaning the outside of the office.
- Maintenance of all sanitation, maintenance, grain movement, and equipment operation logs, etc.
- Fork Truck operation
- Load Cracks and Hominy by-products in customer trucks.
- Regular and timely attendance is a job requirement of all employees.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability)
Exerting over 100 pounds of force occasionally and 50 to 100 pounds of force frequently and 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Constant walking, frequently climbing ladders, stairs, etc.
Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions caused by the ambient weather.
Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch or level sufficient to require hearing protection.
Exposure to constant or intermittent dusty areas.
Work in small and confined spaces with less than 3 feet of vertical height, as well as the ability to work at heights of up to 150 feet above the ground
D. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED
- Fluent in English.
- High school diploma or GED (one year or more of working experience in a similar position maybe considered in substitute for a high school diploma or GED)
- Ability to work at elevated heights, confined spaces, and other adverse conditions.
- Ability to learn and follow company Safety procedures and policies.
- Ability follow specific work instructions both verbal and written
- Ability to interact with other employees as well as customers and vendors
- Ability to operate, or learn to operate, various equipment
- Ability to sample and test products or processing equipment as necessary and correctly fill out logs and other forms of documentation.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance work on equipment and facilities
- EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Forklift Operator: 1 year
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Azteca Milling L.P..