Comcast-Spectacor 8,147 reviews – Owensboro, KY
Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
|To supervise, coordinate, lead and participate in all matters of facility operations including but not limited to daily maintenance, event set-ups, changeovers and housekeeping. Responsibilities
- Coordinate and communicate all relevant information for event set ups, changeovers, maintenance and custodial tasks throughout the facility
- Supervise event set-ups, changeovers, custodial tasks and maintenance
- Supervise and participate in day-to-day operations of the facility
- Conduct meetings prior to each shift in order to review and/or distribute work assignments
- Train and supervise part-time and/or temporary staff
- Ensure employees have the equipment and resources to perform the job efficiently
- Maintain employee paperwork including attendance, payroll, disciplinary procedures, etc
- Coordinate preventive and regular maintenance for all facility-related equipment, HVAC, lighting and plumbing
- Assist in budget planning with the Director of Operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Three years’ experience performing facility operations in a sports/events venue
- Working knowledge of facility and arena operations, changeovers, set ups, maintenance and housekeeping
- Working knowledge of operations equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, staging, and basketball floors
- Ability to oversee and direct staff in performance of conversions and housekeeping
- Capable of working nights, weekends and holidays, as well as additional hours when needed
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to meet deadlines and function in a high-pressure environment
- Forklift certification or ability to become certified within 3 months of start date
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands, and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, persistent, and demonstrate the ability to follow through projects to completion.
- Capable of handling multiple assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Capable of working with all levels of management under minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Employee is frequently required to sit; stand or walk for long periods of time (minimum 4 hours).
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors in an office/warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.