|Job Title : Emergency Medical Technician
Location: Owensboro, KY
Reports to: Street Supervisor
FLSA Status: NonExempt
Employment Status: Full-time
Business Unit : Ambulance
Promptly responds to requests for medical transportation, both emergency and non-emergency, and provides appropriate medical evaluation and care to the limit of his/her certification and training. Professionally interacts with other medical personnel and performs tasks to expedite the transport of the patient where appropriate. Provides accurate written and verbal reports and participates in promoting the business and supports the business philosophy at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of an ambulance: excellent driving skills in an emergency and non-emergency mode transporting patients. Render patient care utilizing the Standard of Care approved by the Medical Director and the Board of EMS in respective state.
- Providing support for Paramedics rendering advanced life support type treatment
- Setting up equipment and assisting in ALS procedures (i.e. heart monitor, IV’s, medications).
- Checking the unit at the beginning of shift, re-stocking the unit with supplies as needed, cleaning the ambulance and equipment after each run, cleaning and re-stocking the ambulance after shift, and inspecting equipment to ensure proper function.
- Completes PCR with full narrative documenting the nature of the dispatch, patient’s condition on scene, all care and treatments provided, including supplies to ensure maximum insurance reimbursement.
- Ensures that all necessary forms (PCS, Signature Form, ABN) are completed accurately and timely.
- Participate in housekeeping duties on a consistent basis.
- May also be required to perform duties as a Medical Transport Driver (Wheel Chair Van) when assigned by management.
- Accepts additional duties and assignments as needed to meet the needs of the customer and the company.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Must be at least 21years of age to operate company vehicles
- Current certification as an EMT Basic in state of employment (National Registry encouraged)
- Valid driver’s license in state of employment
- CPR certification
- Clean criminal background check and driving record
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- lift and/or move up to 250 pounds or more with assistance from partner(s)
- grip up to 50 pounds
- push/pull stretchers weighing up to 125 pounds
- repetitively squat
- crawl into confined spaces
- climb stairs carrying 50 pounds of equipment
- reach with hands and arms
- talk, see, hear
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to computer screens using keyboard functions and other hand usage.
Procarent is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer employment opportunity based on job qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age (40 and over), veteran status, pregnancy, religion, disability, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
- I hereby authorize Procarent to thoroughly investigate my references, work records, education, and other matters related to my suitability for employment and further, authorize my current and former employers to disclose to the company any and all letters, reports and other information pertaining to my employment with them, without giving me prior notice of such disclosure. In addition, I hereby release to Procarent my current and former employers, and all other persons, corporations, partnerships and associations from any and all claims, demands or liabilities arising out of or in any way related to such investigation or disclosure.
- If hired, I also agree to submit to alcohol or drug testing as a condition of employment. I agree that Procarent may conduct alcohol or drug screening at its sole discretion with or without notice. I also understand that refusal to submit to an alcohol/drug screen will be considered a voluntary resignation of employment.
- I understand that nothing contained in the application or conveyed to me during any interview that may be granted, is intended to create an employment contract, implied or explicit, between Procarent and me. In addition, I understand and agree that if I am employed, my employment relationship with Procarent is strictly voluntary and at our mutual will. I understand that if employed, my employment is for no definite period and may be terminated at any time, with or without prior notice, with or without cause or reason, at the option of either myself or Procarent, and that at no promises or representations contrary to the forgoing are binding on Procarent unless made in writing and signed jointly by the President and myself.
- I understand and agree that any future changes in my title, duties, compensation, working conditions, and/or Procarent benefits, policies and procedures will not alter our at-will and arbitration agreements.
- I understand that if offered employment, I will, as a condition of employment, be required to submit proof of my identity and legal right to work in the United States on my first day of employment.
- If the position applied for requires driving in the course of work, I understand that I will be required to possess a current and valid state driver’s license and understand that I will be required to provide a copy of my official driving record and proof of insurance. I also understand that any offer of employment is contingent on my ability to be covered by Procarent auto insurance, if required for my position.
- I hereby certify that I have not knowingly withheld any information that might adversely affect my chances for employment and that the answers given by me are true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I further certify that I, the undersigned applicant, have personally completed this application. I understand that any omission or misstatement on this application or on any documents used to secure employment shall be grounds for rejection of this application or for immediate discharge if I am employed, regardless of the time elapsed before discovery.
Job Type: Full-time
Required licenses or certifications:
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Procarent.