CEO – RiverValley Behavioral Health – Owensboro, KY
RiverValley Behavioral Health – Owensboro, KY
|RiverValley Behavioral Health is a dynamic community based not-for-profit behavioral healthcare and substance abuse treatment system that has provided quality care to the Western Kentucky residents of seven different counties in the greater Owensboro Region, as well as to individuals in 4 other states around the country. RVBH hosts over 21 different inpatient and outpatient programs in Kentucky alone, and has a rich history and excellent reputation that goes back more than 50 years! Its development can be traced back to the commitment made by dedicated citizens from the area in concert with the support provided by the Kentucky Department of Health, Federal Legislation encouraging the development of local delivery systems, and local and state government support committed to providing much needed systems of community based care for area residents.
Over the years RiverValley Behavioral Health and its affiliates has continued to respond to its communities’ needs, and has subsequently developed a broad spectrum of behavioral health, alcohol & drug addictions, developmental disability and preventative services serving adults, children, and families in a wide variety of settings throughout the region. Headquartered in Owensboro, its presence can be felt throughout the region and state. RVBH prides itself as having a highly committed Board of Directors representing the communities it serves; a Board whose energy, entrepreneurialism, and commitment to quality are truly exemplary.
This $44m+ organization with more than 720 staff providing over 366,000 visits this past year within a philosophical framework of “recovery” and a commitment to serving its clients in a holistic fashion. RVBH is proud to have been honored on a national level as a recipient of Mental Health Corporation of America’s “Best Practices Award” for client satisfaction and is proud that 99% of its clients liked the services they received. It is often recognized as an organization that is “on the cutting edge” in its provision of the highest quality behavioral health services, and as the largest behavioral health system in Western Kentucky it is typically seen as a model system that often changes the landscape of how “best practices” can be delivered. RVBH is also CARF Accredited, demonstrating their commitment to quality, transparency, and client satisfaction.
The RiverValley Behavioral Health organization and communities it serves will be seeking to find a strong and innovative leader to build upon the wonderful foundation created by its current President/CEO, whose 25+ years of service will come to a close with her retirement this coming summer. She, in concert with a strong management team, highly skilled staff, dedicated Board, and multiple community partners and affiliates has built a highly successful and innovative system of care that meets the needs of individuals and families throughout this region and in 4 other states. This is a marvelous opportunity for a new leader to take RiverValley to the next level as it looks to remain vital in this dynamic and rapidly changing healthcare environment.
With this in mind, our “ideal candidate” will:
– be a dynamic leader who can inspire, motivate, mentor, communicate, think strategically, be a consensus builder, and be entrepreneurial and creative
– be passionate about RiverValley’s mission of service to children, adults and families with a wide range of disabilities…within a framework of wellness and recovery
– possess integrity, humility, intelligence, optimism, confidence, and a sense of humor
– be skilled in a public policy, advocacy role while being a strong collaborator as a community partner….able to build and maintain partnerships with governmental entities, community groups, other providers, and advocacy groups
– have a strong track record of working collaboratively with a Board of Directors and the communities it serves
– possess a strong business acumen with the ability to balance the running of a growing organization committed to quality care with the need to be fiscally strong
– have experience with complex and diverse organizations, including those serving residents of rural communities in Kentucky and urban areas in other parts of the country
– have experience with Health Care and Medicaid reform, managed care, and a highly
– have experience with an integrated model of health care
– have a track record of entrepreneurialism, innovation, diversification of revenue, and
business development expertise
– possess a management skill that is inclusive, participatory, transparent, and engaging while being decisive and an effective problem solver
– be technologically adept; be outcomes and metrics oriented
– be a high energy person with an ability to be adaptable, flexible, and unflappable
– possess a Master’s degree in a health care specialty; and possess multiple years of senior healthcare management experience
We are looking for a CEO committed to making their home in a warm and welcoming community that offers a highly desirable quality of life with excellent schools and healthcare services, abundant recreational opportunities, a good cost of living with quality affordable housing, while being only 2 hours from the amenities Nashville and Louisville have to offer.
Owensboro offers a wide range of recreational and cultural activities, having everything from fishing on a nearby lake to live performances of the Owensboro Symphony Orchestra, Municipal parks for recreational activities, and a revitalized waterfront complex on the banks of the Ohio. The local hospital is rated among the top 5% in the country, the International Bluegrass Museum and Hall of Fame makes its home in Owensboro, and this community is known for its cultural/artistic events with hundreds of performances and civic events annually along with the Owensboro Museum of Fine Arts and Museum of Science and History. And its International Bar-B-Que festival is an annual event drawing people from far and wide. This is a wonderful place to call home, with a small town feel and big city amenities! No wonder it has been named a Top 10 All America city twice!
Job Type: Full-time
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to RiverValley Behavioral Health.