|Gibbs Die Casting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and as such will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetics, physical or mental disability, or other protected characteristic.
This posting is effective until 4:00pm on August 14, 2017
TITLE: Line Operator
DIVISION: Machining – Comac
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly – Non-exempt
PAY GRADE: 11
ESSENTIAL GOALS, FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate machining equipment per specifications
- Review SWAT charts at the beginning of each shift to determine if a deviation has been added or any changes have been made
- Pick up all parts not in process flow (they are considered scrap and should be scrapped at the beginning of each shift)
- Inform Machine Operator or Production Supervisor of any trash or parts left behind by previous shift
- Perform gauging during shift as designated by SWAT Chart
- Follow SWAT charts and online gauging instructions unless a deviation is attached
- Inform Machine Operator or Production Supervisor of downtime and scrap levels above designated threshold
- Complete paperwork including rework, re-inspection, and leak-test operations
- Complete hour by hour boards
- Achieve expected parts per hour (EPH)
- Follow all aspects of Safety as described in GDC Safety Roles and Expectations.
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations including the proper use of all required personal protective equipment
- Follow all Quality Policy and Environmental Policy guidelines
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition according to established Gibbs 7-S Guidelines
- Able to work weekends and overtime as required
- Meet all physical and environmental requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by Production Supervisor
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Communication: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Mathematics: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning and Problem Solving: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a
contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
– original job
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to koch.