Clinical Director, Mary Kendall Campus, Owensboro, Ky.
Mary Kendall Campus
CLINICAL DIRECTOR Position
We are a non-profit agency of the Kentucky United Methodist Church with over 140 years of service to children and families with histories of abuse, neglect and family trauma that has resulted in emotional or behavioral challenges in the children. We have a variety of programs both residential and community based. With two campuses and over 110 employees, we work as a unified, supportive team to meet the needs of our clients. Our goal is to help our clients find healing and build a brighter future through professional therapeutic interventions. We are seeking a qualified candidate to build and lead this program as the Clinical Director for the Mary Kendall Campus in Owensboro, Kentucky.
The Clinical Director serves as the administrator in charge of the residential treatment units, the oversight of the education program, oversight of the medical program, and the Independent Living Program. The Clinical Director ensures the effective delivery of treatment services and uniform adherence to the treatment program, campus policies and regulatory standards. The Clinical Director provides direct supervision to Team Leaders, Therapists, Medical Coordinator and the Independent Living Case Manager and ensures that the highest standards of professional behavior and ethics are maintained by monitoring the specific duties of those supervised. The Clinical Director ensures that treatment standards are maintained within each department through the proper use of consistent staff training and discipline. This position is responsible for oversight of hiring qualified direct care staff and will be a member of the Mary Kendall Leadership Team.
Education and Experience Required
- Master’s Degree in a Human Relations field and five (5) years in mental health treatment of children with emotional or behavioral disabilities and their families
- Experience in individual, group and family therapy
- Be currently licensed or eligible for independent licensure in Kentucky meeting the criteria for Medicaid and private insurance reimbursement. (LCSW preferred)
- Prior utilization of evidence-based practices preferred.
- Mission driven with a passion for caring for families and children
- Able to build collaborative networks with other established service providers (i.e. school system; Department for Community Based Services; judicial system, etc.) to meet community needs
- Work well in a team environment
- Able to self-motivate, work well under pressure, and handle several projects at once
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Send cover letter and resume’ by noon (CST) August 18, 2017
via email to: Marie.Hicks@kyumh.org
OR by mail to: Marie Hicks, Human Resources Office, 201 Phillips Court, Owensboro, KY 42303