Mizkan America – Owensboro, KY is a high speed processing and packaging operation which manufactures Ragu and Bertolli brand sauces for North America. This position will report to the Director of Human Resources and is primarily responsible for managing, controlling, organizing and directing the activities of the plant human resources staff and activities in the Owensboro Plant, as well as additional vinegar plants. Such activities include, but are not limited to, change management, recruitment, contingent labor, record keeping, payroll, benefits, compensation, regulatory/policy compliance, training, positive employee relations, complaint resolution, organizational planning and performance management. The Human Resources Manager will serve as the site H.R. Business Partner to the Plant Manager and staff and participate in regular senior leadership meetings, provide guidance on all employee relations and site communications, including the presentation of said programs. The Human Resources Manager will also participate in and provide leadership to support the site continuous improvement and Mizkan Style Management principles. The H.R. Manager will also be responsible for staying current on all federal, state and local laws, guidelines and regulations. This role is part of the leadership team and will require the support of company-wide initiatives, goals and objectives. This role will perform other work and duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to duties listed above, the Human Resources Manager will also:
- Provide advice and counsel to plant management appropriately balancing the role of company representative and employee advocate.
- Coach and guide employees with their questions, concerns, or issues.
- Manage employee relations activities including controversial and sensitive issues, policy interpretation, and positive employee relations/union avoidance.
- Provides leadership to ensure effective change management and engagement with the workforce for the purpose of communication, pulse checks and satisfaction surveys.
- Deliver training programs related to performance management, manager and supervisor development, new employee orientation, employee recognition, diversity, safety, benefits and other topics, as needed.
- Provides leadership on annual mid-year and end of year performance objectives and provides summary reports for corporate HR
- Conducts complaint resolution process and/or investigation of ethics or other complaints in concert with the Plant Manager and/or corporate leadership.
- Provide advice, coaching and guidance on corrective action (disciplinary) matters. Interfaces with Corporate HR Leadership on suggested outcomes.
- Responsible for site recruitment needs with focus on site leadership and professional recruitment needs, employee retention programs and succession planning.
- Provides oversight and counsel to HR Generalist on hourly and internal recruitment programs, as needed.
- Keep abreast of legislation and industry trends; and insure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations including FLSA, EEO, OSHA and ERISA ensure that human resources staff is equally versed and able to support the dissemination of required information on a timely basis.
- Is accountable for overall maintenance and accuracy in all payroll, personnel and employee medical record keeping requirements and reports; participates in special projects to support human resources strategies and business objectives.
- Provides oversight and counsel to site EHS team on worker’s compensation matters, as required.
- Responsible for implementation of the site OFCCP/AAP program and related record keeping.
- Provides leadership and support to the site continuous improvement program
- As required, provides reports and analysis in collaboration with Corporate Human Resources on compensation and benefit surveys data.
- Direct responsibility for the safety of all employees assigned to his/her department and provide leadership and participate in all required site safety, health and environment programs including, but not limited, to emergency evacuation, safety observation program, and site security.
- Serves as contact manager for third party security service and ensures site food safety and general security directives are communicated and fulfilled by the service.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Business Partnering
- Self-Directed/Self Managing
- Positive Employee Relations and Union Avoidance
- Meeting Facilitation and Employee Engagement
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Investigation, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Complaint and Grievance Handling
- Individual Performance Development
- Compensation and Benefits Analysis
- Salary and Hourly Recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or a related field is required; PHR/SPHR Certification is a plus
- 5 – 10 Years Human Resource Management/Business Partner experience with responsibility for 300 – 600 employees in team based non-union manufacturing environment
- Multi-site experience preferred
- Change management and positive employee relations experience is required
- Payroll Management experience is preferred
- Experience with ADP Workforcenow preferred
- A thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices including employment law, Affirmative Action and EEO compliance, benefits, compensation, recruiting and safety.
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and training skills with proven ability to lead and motivate others.
- Strong business acumen, values and good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions are required.
- Versatility, flexibility, drive enthusiasm and multitasking skills are required
- Ability to travel up to 25% is required
Mizkan America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mizkan America, Inc. recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status or any other category protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources Management with responsibility for 300-600 employees in team-based, non-union manufacturing environment: 10 years
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Mizkan America.