|Specific functions include (but not limited to):
- Sweeps, mops and vacuums multiple floor surfaces using industrial vacuums (including back-pack style vacuums) and mops
- Occasionally uses ladders, to reach higher areas to dust/clean
- Moves boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from surfaces using chemicals and cleaning solutions
- May also sweep walks or perform other seasonal tasks
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms
- Cleans sinks, counter-tops, microwaves and refrigerators in break rooms
- Restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms and common areas
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, cleans receptacles, as necessary
- Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment at all times
- Maintain janitor closet in clean, organized and safe manner
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: The Cleaning Team Member performs janitorial work in offices, warehouses, industrial areas and other building interiors.
- Performing cleaning duties at a maximum quality level
- Perform work within production time budgets and supply budgets
- Keep equipment clean and in good operating condition
- Follow all safety rules and participate in company’s safety program
- Project a professional image and maintain good customer and public relations
- Adhere to company rules, policies, and operating procedures
- Orientation towards teamwork in certain locations/working as a part of a team
- Reports to the site supervisor any equipment breakdowns, unsafe conditions, customer complaints and any other problems that may occur
- Adhere to tardiness and absenteeism policy
To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have dependable transportation or be able to get to and from the job site scheduled.
Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences in English.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to perform manual tasks requiring strength and be in good physical health.
While performing the duties of the job, the team member is continuously required to reach with hands and arms. The team member continually is required to stand, step, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and bend. The team member is repetitively required to use hands and fingers, to handle objects and equipment and to push and pull, to climb and balance and to talk and hear. The team member must repeatedly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of that which team members encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team members occasionally work near moving mechanical parts and are occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from a particular job and to assign other duties as necessary.
Frantz Building Services offers positions ranging from entry-level to managerial in the Owensboro, KY; Evansville, IN, and Nashville, TN regions.
Frantz pays higher wages than most service contractors because we want to attract the best.
We want you to grow and succeed. Our promotion from within philosophy, combined with company growth, will provide you with those opportunities.
The atmosphere at Frantz is one of a family. You are not just a number or an expense, but an integral part of our team.
Part of our company purpose is to enrich the lives of our team members, both personally and professionally. We succeed when you succeed.
Team Member Benefits Include:
Health insurance plan for full-time team members the first of the month after 30 days of employment
Accrued vacation for both full-time and part-time team members
Free company shirts to wear on job site
Paid training time
Referral and Sign On Bonuses
If you are referred by an existing team member, you will each receive a $100 bonus after 90 continuous days of employment.