Heavy Equipment and Shop Manager
Burlington Civil, Inc. (BCI) – Owensboro, KY
|If you are interested in an exciting career and appreciate technically challenging projects, BCI Constructors is currently seeking a highly qualified individual to manage our shop facility in Owensboro, KY.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage equipment requirements as they pertain to the project and company equipment needs.
- Set-up and maintain a companywide equipment tracking and maintenance program.
- Ensure work is performed per best practices and manufacturers recommendations.
- Archive all related documents for future reference
- Oversee/Manage special projects. This may involve a major rebuild, revision of Equipment Manuals, computer software to improve efficiencies (work order systems, time card systems, etc.), safety initiatives, assist with the bidding process, etc.
- Work closely with Area and Project Management to ensure project equipment and fabrication needs are met.
- Manage maintenance and repair records related to all internal equipment
- Assist in developing work plans that include Job Safety Hazard Analysis reports for the Owensboro Shop and Yard
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, project assignments for a period of time, etc. Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Demonstrate the ability to lead others in accomplishing individual and team goals
- Ability to work well in a non-structured environment, i.e. hands on self-starter
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in speech and writing
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and writing
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- General Mechanical skills
- Knowledge of welding processes and equipment
- Experience with equipment electrical systems
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field of study
- 5 – 10 years minimum experience in the field of heavy equipment and/or related industry
BCI Constructors offers a competitive compensation package, that includes health insurance, paid vacation and a 401k retirement plan with a 5% company match. BCI Constructors is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Burlington Civil, Inc. (BCI).