|Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth .
Job Description Previous related work experience preferred
High school diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Communication – effective listening, speaking, reading and writing Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Read, write, perform basic mathematical computations, and comprehend instructions
- Ability to operate POS equipment, Symbol, and telephone
- Ability to learn and maintain a working knowledge of Academy’s products
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and follow line cashier procedures
- Some travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands and requirements include:
- Constantly stand, handle, use fingers, grasp, use repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers) and feel
- Frequently required to walk, reach, talk, and hear; occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch,, push, and pull.
- Constantly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift 11 to 30 pounds.
- Ability to hear and specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Regular attendance required.
- Provides prompt, friendly customer service
- Required to learn company policies, procedures, and safety rules
- Answers telephone
- Attends training seminars/webinars
- Performs price/SKU look-ups
- Housekeeping duties to include sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up trash, emptying trash, and spot mopping
- Zones merchandise and maintains merchandising guidelines; stocks impulse racks; sets and maintains impulse/front end POGS
- Operates cash register and maintains knowledge of cashier procedures
- Accurately balance all transactions run through assigned register
Duties may change and associate may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer