Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to 22-year-old guys and girls.Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the Journeys store is more than a retail environment — it’s an extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style reflect the customers’ lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in every way, an attitude you can wear!For more information check out: http://www.journeys.com/careers/aboutWHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your paycheck… Work Hard- Make Good Money,
Work Harder- Make GREAT Money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Great Store Environment
- Excellent Benefits
- We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
JOURNEYS ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER- JOB DESCRIPTION
- Meet and exceed sales goals and standards of performance
- Direct and motivate employees to attain personal sales goals weekly
- Hold staff accountable for meeting sales goals
- Provide a fun, full-service shopping experience to customers
- Stay informed of current fashion trends
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting, training, and developing a successful sales team
- Evaluate the training needs of store employees and communicate those to the Store Manager
- Recognize talented staff and help develop them for growth within the company
- Evaluate staffing levels to maintain maximum productivity and sales effectiveness
- Assist Store Manager with weekly staffing schedules
- Help ensure that employee time is effectively and efficiently used
- Manage all aspects of store operations in Store Manager’s absence
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Follow all Loss Prevention practices and protect company assets
- Perform all operational procedures accurately, in accordance with Operations Policies
- Organize stock room according to Operations Policy Manual
- Maintain store appearance
- Lead and direct the store crew in Store Manager’s absence
- Provide feedback and coaching to all employees
- Supervise the daily operations of the store in Store Manager’s absence
- Identify and report unacceptable work performance and disciplinary problems to Store Manager
- Resolve customer issues effectively
- Understand the Journeys Kidz culture and demonstrate it to the team
- Prior experience in a management or supervisory role
- 6 – 12 months retail sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Desire to succeed in fast-paced retail environment
- Ability to work 45 hours per week, including night and weekend shifts
Check out the following website for more information on all our awesome benefits: https://www.journeys.com/careers/workwithus
Job Type: Full-time
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Journeys.