Accounting Intern (Fall 2017)
Comcast-Spectacor 8,075 reviews – Owensboro, KY
|To monitor, control, and audit all financial transactions, and to perform a full range of professional accounting duties involved in fiscal management, record keeping, reporting, and financial analysis of the facility. Primarily responsible for accounts receivable, detailed posting of cash receipts, inventory management, and month-end closing activities. Responsibilities
- Detail processing for accounts receivable, and collection calls for outstanding payments.
- Input and record various cash and credit card receipts.
- Conduct monthly inventory counts in collaboration with Food & Beverage.
- Perform analysis of accounting records; prepare event profitability statements.
- Verify post original entries to subsidiary and general ledger accounts; run trial balances; prepare sales statements.
- Assist with month end closing procedures.
- Apply Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to accounting and auditing work.
- Examine and verify a variety of financial documents and reports.
- Prepare a variety of financial statements, reports, and analyses.
- Apply accounting principles to the maintenance of financial and accounting transactions and audit of financial records involved for in-house food and beverage operations.
- Record Box Office transactions.
- Prepare various month end journal entries including cost of goods sold and cost of labor.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Qualifications
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate pursuing a major or area in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field in an accredited college or university. Must have at least 60 credit hours or be at junior level standing.
- Application of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to a variety of accounting audits, transactions, and problems.
- Principles and practices of financial auditing and inventory accounting methods.
- Financial report preparation methods and techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment: The intellectual/social, physical demands, and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Intellectual/Social demands:
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, persistent, and demonstrate the ability to follow through projects to completion.
- Capable of handling multiple assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Capable of working with all levels of management under minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality. Physical Demands:
- Employee is frequently required to sit; stand or walk for long periods of time (minimum 4 hours).
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work Environment:
- The duties of this position are performed indoors in an office/warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days. SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER