Fiber and Utilities Product System Leader
Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 56,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $19.7 billion in 2010. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
Currently, we are seeking a Fiber & Utilities Operations Leader for our Owensboro, KY manufacturing location.
The incumbent will report to the Mill Manager and will function as Team Leader for the Fiber, Utilities, and Waste Treatment facilities. The incumbent is responsible for management of all assigned assets within this product system. Incumbent will lead a multi-functional work team that have the responsibility to maintain facility operations on a rotating shift and to meet facility objectives. The incumbent has the additional responsibility for development and improvement of asset productivity. Developing talent and building effective partnerships with key customers, suppliers and product development resources are essential elements of the position responsibilities.
1. Manage team to ensure key objectives are obtained in all business areas including safety, housekeeping, human resource development, quality, customer service, asset management, cost and internal controls.
2. Provide an environment that is safe, healthy, challenging, fosters teamwork, a willingness to participate and continuous improvement.
3. Provide direction and leadership for the operations, process, logistics, quality, maintenance and engineering functions to ensure continuous improvement in machine operation and reliability, product quality, cost, customer service, and yield.
4. Provide leadership to manage capital spending to ensure projects/tasks meet unit objectives within applicable K-C Corporate policies.
5. Develop close partnerships with primary customers to ensure all of their requirements are known and fully understood by the entire team.
6. Partner with suppliers, staff and business units to develop and implement strategies to ensure adequate capacities are available to meet sales volumes and product improvement requirements. Ensure raw materials, spare parts and finished product inventories are maintained and deployed to optimize customer service.
7. Recruit and develop high quality personnel to ensure effective and continuous operations within the framework of mill objectives and high performance team philosophies.
8. Ensure the effective application of internal control systems and procedures applicable to each functional area of responsibility by providing management direction and support to the implementation, maintenance and audit of corporate, sector, and mill internal control policies, instructions and procedures.
9. Serve as a key member of the Mill Management Team and assist in providing long-term vision and direction to assure continued mill success.
10. Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
11. Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates, and others who have a need to know. Be informative without being vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate, and clear yet responsive.
12. Ensure the communication, implementation and promotion of the World Class Manufacturing values, vision, mission and foundations as a means for delivering manufacturing results.
13. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
14. Champion continuous improvement and master lean manufacturing concepts.
Bachelor’s Degree required; prefer candidates with an Engineering degree in Process, Electrical or Mechanical discipline.
10 years of experience with a broad technical knowledge and experience leading a multi-functional team. Minimum of four (4) years of leadership experience in Operations, Engineering or Maintenance.
Prefer experience in Asset Team Leader, Operations Leader or similar role.
Experience in Continuous Improvement and Lean Six Sigma a plus.
Ability to organize and plan, delegate responsibility and authority, lead and motivate people, and maintain effective employee relations with peers and subordinates
A combination of previous mill and staff experience is preferred to develop understanding of staff functions and activities at other sites.
Ideal candidates will have interest in continuing development via rotation to other mill or staff assignments within 3-5 years. Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
Primary Location USA-KY-Owensboro
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time