Provides Craft Recruiting & Human Resources support to the overall business and effectively manages the execution of initiatives to enable business growth. Additionally, may assist in the support of a variety of HR activities which may include recruitment, staffing, employee relations, compensation, salary planning, training / development, recognition / reward, relocation, talent development, performance management, organizational change, harassment, leaves of absence, disability, time off, workers’ compensation, benefits, ADA accommodations, management coaching and other HR related services. Ensures compliance with company policy and employment laws.
While position is primarily Office based, incumbent must have open availability to travel to and work at any location and potentially be away from home for short periods of time. May on occasion be required to work non-standard shifts, any time any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. Employment is “at will” and subject to change depending on departmental needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work closely with project teams to determine craft/technical field construction staffing needs
- Oversees field/craft recruiting, including employment advertising, screening resumes/job applications, arranging interviews and administering various skills assessment tests
- Analyzes craft and technical personnel needs for current/future projects through discussions with operations management, project managers and superintendents
- Stays current with industry trends and best practices in all aspects of craft recruiting
- Interviews applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements
- Administers background tests, drug testing, craft skills testing and other pre-employment activities
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws and corporate policies
- Conducts new employee orientations and obtains completed paperwork from new hire
- Monitors and advises management of workforce availability and staffing concerns
- Assists with the development and implementation of workforce planning processes
- Assists with the development and implementation of best practices regarding the use of technology and social media to further develop the Company’s pool of qualified craft workers
- Verifies NCCER/NCCCO credentials as required
- Gathers and distributes wage, labor and statistical date to end users as requested
Supervises interviewing, testing, and hiring processes to ensure adherence to all equal employment opportunity (EEO) legislation, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other government compliance requirements. Maintains necessary files covering applications, interviews, and testing procedures.
Updates and maintains the company resumes database and applicant tracking system.
Provides employee relations support to ensure a positive, engaging working environment
Provides benefits support to employees by explaining company benefits, distributing company information on benefits, and conducting information sessions during annual open enrollment
- Miscellaneous duties as directed
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Must have three (3) years’ experience in recruitment for a heavy industrial construction organization in the self-perform sector i.e.: welders, boilermakers, pipefitters, etc.; preferably from an EPC firm.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding employment practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, fully proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates high critical thinking/reasoning ability
- Effective presentation skills including public speaking
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Travel is required (=10%)
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
- Frequently lift objects weighing up to 10 pounds, occasionally lifting items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Acceptable visual acuity for near, far and color – naturally or with correction
- Hand-Eye coordination
TOOL REQUIREMENTS (minimum)
- Rain Coat or Poncho.
- Steel toed or Composite toed Work Boots.
- Safety protection required by work, job site and customer
The Craft Recruiter works mostly in a comfortable office environment but exposure to site and weather conditions occur. Some locations expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead based paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances. To avoid injury, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, hard hats, safety glasses, must be worn in all areas as required. While not considered inherently dangerous, a Craft Recruiter must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards and exercise care while performing onsite services.