A PBI Bank Personal Banker is responsible to provide superior and quality customer service while assisting customers in choosing the best accounts to fit their needs. Also provides customers with efficient and accurate transaction processing. A PBI Bank Personal Banker is responsible to sell the Banks products and services and refers customers for new products and services on a daily basis.
EXPECTATIONS / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The following is a summary of the essential functions for PBI Bank Personal Banker. Other pertinent duties, responsibilities and expectations may be required, both major and minor, which may not be mentioned in the following summary. Specific activities may change from time to time based on market demands and as determined by the PBI Community Market President and / or PBI Bank Banking Center Manager and / or PBI Bank Senior Management.
- Correctly identify customers opening new accounts
o Acquiring appropriate forms of identification as defined in the Banks CIP Policy
o Verify Chexsystems / OFAC / TIN matching / Qualifile
o Safe Boxes
- Check ordering for new and existing accounts.
- Exceptional knowledge of Banks software
- Exceptional knowledge of all PBI Bank products and services.
- Exceptional knowledge of CD rates and regulations.
- Assist customers with file maintenance
o Name change
o Authorized signer
o Changing beneficiaries
- Provide exceptional customer service by exhibiting a friendly and professional demeanor at all times.
- Assist customers with debit card and website issues.
- Assist customer with the setup of online banking and bill pay
- May process or assist in processing NSF list and provisional charge off report. Involves decision to pay or return items.
- If applicable, knowledge of Safe Deposit Box size and pricing.
- Accept wire transfer requests from customers.
- Close accounts.
- Set up transfers
o Account to account
o Wires (If applicable)
- Contact customers regarding Falcon alerts.
- Sell and redeem savings bonds.
- Completing outbound sales calls to customer for business needs
- Conduct outside business calling on current and prospective business clients
- Exceeding daily/monthly/quarterly/annual goals as set forth by PBI Bank and/or Senior Management
- Assist is the sales training of branch staff
- Attend all meetings and sales trainings as required by PBI Bank
- Assist in the opening and closing of branches
- Perform the duties of a Customer Service Representative as needed
- Work with the Customer Service Manager and Banking Center Manager to do your part in achieving operational excellence
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Join the PBI Bank Team
Our most valuable asset at PBI Bank is our people. We are focused on building strong relationships with our customers and each other. We conduct business with a high standard of ethics and integrity and we are always looking for individuals who have the enthusiasm to learn, improve, and make a difference. At PBI Bank, YOU can make that difference!
Our team members are committed to living the following values:
Commitment to honesty & integrity
Commitment to have a positive & constructive attitude
Commitment to be a team player
Commitment to conduct oneself in a professional manner
Commitment to success and to celebrate successes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year in community banking and financial service industry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated sales, business development and relationship management experience.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of financial industry core processing systems.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. Must be available to work weekends. Work schedule may be adjusted from time to time to accommodate needed coverage due to vacations, holidays, staff shortages and illness.
- Proven excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities under time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid problem solving skills.
PBI Bank is Committed to Our Employees and the Communities in which we Serve
Continual investment in our people is one of our top priorities. We believe that the people of PBI Bank, along with our products and services, are what contribute to the success of our bank.
We greatly value our employees because we know that the future of PBI Bank rests in their hands. We offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for professional development and advancement. Our competitive benefits package is designed to give you the power to choose the type and level of coverage that meets your needs.
PBI Bank is pleased to offer its full-time associates a range of benefits such as:
Supplemental Life Insurance
Critical Care Insurance
Health Savings Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts
Profit Sharing and 401K Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employee Assistance Programs
PBI Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Thank you for your interest in joining our dedicated team!