|Gibbs Die Casting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and as such will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetics, physical or mental disability, or other protected characteristic.
TITLE: Inventory Specialist PLANT: Corporate
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain Management REPORTS TO: Director, Supply Chain
FLSA STATUS: Exempt PAY GRADE:
Support Gibbs Die Casting strategic Initiatives through Customer Satisfaction, On-time delivery, Inventory Management, Reduction of premium freight occurrences, Level scheduling, and Cost reduction activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following list includes the type and scope of work that needs to be done as a part of this job. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Gibbs Die Casting Corporation provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current Team Members to discuss potential accommodations with the Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for cycle count process including assigning and maintaining inventory classifications.
- Account for and report inventory discrepancies, damages, and customer returns.
- Investigate inventory discrepancies, damages, and customer returns to reconcile inventory.
- Responsible for the preparation and effective communication of inventory metrics and reports.
- Support barcoding initiative and participate in implementation and maintenance of process.
- Support transition to CMS and lead efforts needed to update and maintain Supply Chain Management data within the system.
- Coordinates monthly and annual physical inventory process.
- Coordinates with all plants to insure dunnage tare weights are accurate, consistent, and maintained.
- Coordinates with all plants to insure piece counts are correct and accurately maintained.
- Provides support for effective inventory flow and storage principles.
- Able to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Meet all physical and environmental requirements.
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations including the proper use of all required personal protective equipment.
- Follows all Environmental and Quality Policy guidelines.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition according to established Gibbs 7-S Guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education, knowledge, skills and abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Supply Chain and or Logistics Management.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of supply chain experience. Working knowledge of material control, supply chain planning, supply chain performance, logistics, inventory control and operations. Familiar with Lean methods
Communication: Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization, conflict resolution and communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Computer Skills: Intermediate skill or better in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and AS400 based programs such as CMS400.
Other: Advanced analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format. Ability to deal with problems where no standards or procedures exist. Apply appropriate judgment and initiative in determining source of information and action required to achieve desired result. High degree of intellectual curiosity. Should enjoy solving problems and continuous improvement. Ability and willingness to be self-initiated. Ability to work non-standard shifts during emergency situations, and immediate call-in as required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, and other Required Training:
Travel: _X_10% or less ____11%-50% ____51% or more
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a
contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
– original job
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to koch.