|Exciting Office Coordinator Opportunity with a Leader in Home Health ~
It’s all about helping people achieve more!
Almost Family is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You’ll feel right at home.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Office Coordinator (OC) is responsible for ensuring that several areas of office operations are performed timely and accurately as well as keeping the Branch Director informed of trends and issues related to the roles being managed. The Office Coordinator may function as supervisor of the non-clinical positions of the office which may include the Medical Records Specialist, Billing Specialist, Human Resources Designee, and Administrative Specialist as directed by the Branch Director. In certain branches, it may also include the Patient Services Coordinator. The Office Coordinator may serve as the branches’ Payroll Coordinator and is cross-trained on all non-clinical positons in the office to assist in the roles as needed.
- Management, as directed by the Branch Director, of the routine non-clinical operations via review of the following:
a) Non-Clinical Action Screens & Administrative Tasks
b) Daily and/or weekly review of reports to trend progress and issues to non-clinical team and Branch Director.
c) Assists Branch Director with budgetary control by ensuring oversight of medical and office supply processes and expenses to ensure adherence to company expectations including Accounts Payable.
d) Reviewing non-visit activity for time worked and PTO entered for all non-clinical staff.
e) Effectively monitoring of overtime of non-clinical office staff weekly.
f) In conjunction with Branch Director, assist with non-clinical annual performance evaluations.
g) In conjunction with Branch Director, conducts disciplinary counseling with documentation per company policy as needed for non-clinical staff.
- May assist with orientation for all new employees. Updates staff via orientation or in- service to updated branch procedures in conjunction with the Branch Director.
- May participate in Administrative on-call rotation.
- Participates in branch internal audit procedures. Assists with the follow through of action plans for branch Operational, HR & Compliance audits and commitment to the goal of achieving determined acceptable scores for each. (Operations – 95%; HR – 100%; Compliance – 100%)
- Backs up the non-clinical positions in the office.
- May serves as the Payroll Coordinator for the branch per policy and process as directed.
- Responsible for assisting Medical Records with order tracking of unsigned orders greater than 21 days old.
- Troubleshoots the electronic process for documentation and record keeping ensuring smooth operations.
- Reads and adheres to and participates in the Branch’s mandatory HIPAA / Privacy Program and Employee Compliance Program.
- Reads and adheres to all Branch policies and procedures and follows Employee Handbook guidelines.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- One year medical records experience in a clinic, hospital, or home health setting is preferred.
- One year of supervisory experience required.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to communicate well with referral sources, patients, family members, and branch employees.
- Must have/maintain a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
Almost Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- 401-k Retirement Plan
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!