The Production Supervisor at our Hawesville, KY facility is responsible for supervising and coordinating day to day activities of production workers on a shift. This individual is responsible for safety, production, quality, shipping and receiving, and maintenance on assigned shift.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup
and adjustments of machines.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for
completion of job assignment.
- Enforces company policies, rules, safety and environmental regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and
quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and us of equipment to increase efficiency
of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other management to coordinate production activities with other
- Responsible for documenting shift incidents and accidents using the
appropriate plant or corporate form.
- Responsible for ensuring the employees on the shift are wearing the correct
PPE and following safety rules.
- Verifies that Satellite Accumulation and RCRA requirements are being followed
by coater operators. Qualifications
The selected candidate will have the following:
Three to five years in the plant environment.
HS Diploma or equivalent required. College degree a plus.
Process control experience a plus.
Steel, slitting, coil coating, and other steel related experience required
Strong mechanical aptitude
Ability to train, motivate, and direct production employees.
Ability to work long and irregular hours in response to customer demands and production problems.
Willing and able to work a night shift position
Excellent communication & leadership abilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Precoat Metals is a Drug Free Workplace