Springs Medical Lab – Owensboro, KY 42301
|Springs Medical Lab is seeking an experienced Phlebotomist to join the team in Owensboro.
Phlebotomist will be assisting in a variety of duties involved in the collection, compilation, and documentation of day to day blood specimen collection within the Tri-State region.
Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities
- Collect specimens using appropriate collection procedures.
- Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies.
- Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
- Document route of specimens from remote collection sites
- Draw blood from arteries, using arterial collection techniques.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
- Match laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes.
- Organize or clean blood-drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile and all needles, syringes, or related items are of first-time use.
- Maintain assigned work area in a clean and safe condition.
- Accurately enter information into the facility lab information system.
- Maintains quality results by following procedures and testing schedule; recording results in the quality-control log; identifying and reporting needed changes.
- Responsible for following proper safety and emergency policies and procedures as set forth by SML.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Applicants must be a Certified Phlebotomist Technician 1. Certification must be current.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette required
- Must be able to multi-task and handle requests and inquiries with little direction
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have safe dependable vehicle
- Must have excellent computer and data entry skills
- Organized, attention to detail takes initiative, willing to learn and proactive
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
Job Type: Part-time
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Springs Medical Lab.