Junior Estimator, GrayWolf Industrial, Owensboro, Ky.
JOB TITLE: Junior/Entry level Estimator
BUSINESS UNIT: GrayWolf Industrial
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Estimator or Estimating Manager / Director of Estimating
The entry level Estimator assists the estimating team in gathering, assessing and analyzing data required in preparing lump sum, unit rate and cost plus detailed estimates.
Must have open availability to travel to and work at any location and potentially be away from home for short periods of time. May be required to work non-standard shifts, any time any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. Employment is “at will” and subject to change depending on departmental needs.
ESSSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Assists team to develop proposal submittal criteria list. Evaluate Request for Proposal requirements and work with estimating team to prepare and submit required documents.
- Leverage prior experience to generate price take-off quantities, materials, construction equipment and indirects to support the work.
- Assist in solicitation, evaluation and procurement of subcontractors and materials for applicable scopes of work.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings with clients and site walk-throughs with subcontractors.
- Assist in developing scope and plans for pricing of conceptual or quantity based estimates.
- Evaluate labor productivities and installation schemes.
- Review contractor programs for compliance with contract documents.
- Assist the team to perform constructability reviews, analyze budgets and project costs.
- 0-3 years’ experience in heavy-industrial construction.
- 2 or 4 year degree in technical field is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and able to utilize Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Some overnight travel is required
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
- Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects with tools and equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Acceptable visual acuity for near, far and color – naturally or with correction
- Eye-hand coordination
- Good physical fitness
- Good sense of balance
- Work at great heights is required
TOOL REQUIREMENTS (minimum)
- Rain Coat or Poncho.
- Steel toed or Composite toed Work Boots.
- Safety protection required by work, job site and customer
Construction Estimators work mostly in a comfortable office environment but exposure to site and weather conditions occur. Some locations expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead based paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances. To avoid injury, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, hard hats, safety glasses, must be worn in all areas as required. While not considered inherently dangerous, Estimators must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards and exercise care while performing onsite services.
EMPLOYEE REVIEW ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I acknowledge that I have read the Job Description and I understand what would be expected of me. The company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or to combine positions at any time. I also understand that I am an at-will employee, and this Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment.
DIRECT RESUMES AND QUESTIONS TO:
GrayWolf Industrial, Inc.
(832) 833 9788 – Mobile