Mortgage Loan Officer
BB&T 1,267 reviews – Owensboro, KY
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential job functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Execute effective mortgage marketing plans to meet or exceed agreed upon mortgage production goals.
2. Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of BB&T Mortgage Strategies, Policies and Procedures, as well as secondary market investor’s guidelines utilized by the bank.
3. Adhere to and comply fully with any and all BB&T policies and procedures related to internal and external rules and regulations, particularly those established by State and Federal law.
4. Provide mortgage clients sound mortgage advice based on a full understanding of client needs as well as BB&T Mortgage products and their benefits. (Profiling)
5. Consistently execute on BB&T’s referral process (IRM) by introducing mortgage clients to other bank services for cross sell opportunities.
6. Assist Mortgage Loan Administration with client, attorney, or appraiser document follow-up as determined through quality control or post closing review.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. High school diploma or equivalent education and related training
2. Minimum of one year experience in banking and/or lending environment with basic knowledge of residential property types
3. Good organizational skills
4. Good written and verbal communication skills
5. Possesses solid interpersonal and negotiation skills
6. Demonstrated proficiency in relevant computer applications
7. Ability to provide own transportation to travel as needed
8. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check
Desired Skills and Competencies:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, or related studies
2. Two or more years of experience in residential mortgage lending with solid knowledge of the local market and regulations
3. Completion of elective training curriculum in Mortgage Lending
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
Responsible for the sales and marketing of BB&T Mortgage Loan products within bank policies and procedures as well as consistent, effective referrals of mortgage clients for other bank services, (Integrated Relationship Management), including the qualifying package of services, and insurance products.