Foster Care Specialist
Sunrise Children’s Services – Owensboro, KY 42301
|Looking for passionate individuals willing to make a difference in the lives of children.
Position immediately available at our Owensboro Foster Care location.
Excellent benefits package available; vacation and sick accrued time; must be 21 years of age and have a valid drivers license; and must be able to pass a drug screen and background checks
- Education: Master’s degree preferred but will consider a Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or a related area.
- Experience: Two to five years related experience required if applicant does not have a Master’s degree.
Duties include, but not limited to :
- Processes placements for foster homes and completes placement paperwork.
- Develops and monitors the treatment of each child in the assigned foster home, which will include meetings with the child’s legal guardian(s), court appearances and transportation to appointments.
- Creates a safe, secure, and sanitary environment for clients per program/agency policies.
- Communicates/disseminates information to internal and external support systems.
- Arranges and conducts home visits in order to provide supervision of foster parents to educate and model appropriate techniques as well as provide emotional, spiritual, and physical support.
- Exhibits professionalism at all times when representing Sunrise Children’s Services.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, ensures regulatory compliance.
- Completes all paperwork within the agency guidelines.
- Provides transportation for clients when needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- social or human services: 2 years