RADIOLOGIC TECH TRAIN CT
Owensboro Health 23 reviews – Owensboro, KY 42303
|Provides imaging services to patients. Training is provided relevant to the population served, based on scopeof care of the service assignment.
- Job Responsibilities
- Positions patients and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Utilizes radiation protection and safety standards. Applies principles of ALARA to minimize exposure topatient, self, and others.
- Assists the physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- May be required to prepare and administer contrast media and/or medications within accepted scope ofpractice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for setting up and providing equipment and supplies before, during, and after procedures.
- Organizational Responsibilities
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of compliance, safety and a high reliability organization; behavior supports the organization’s core commitments of Integrity, Service, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Associate’s degree in Science or related field required. A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Registered as a Radiological Technologist in Radiology RT(R). Radiation Operator Certification (ROC) in thestate of Kentucky required. Certified as a Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required within 90days of employment in this position. Registered as a Radiological Technologist in Computed Tomography RT(CT) required within 2 years of employment in this postion.
- Work Experience
- 0 to 4 years progressive experience in a related field required.
- Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment. Works under minimal supervision. Must be able to workin a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- FLSA Classification
- This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees. Specific duties and responsibilities consistent with the general nature and level of work described may vary by department and additional related duties may be assigned as needed. Some duties listed may not apply to all areas.
- Additional Position Related Details
- Populations Served
- Training is provided relevant to the population served, based on scope of care of the service assignment.
- Physical Requirements
Activity and Frequency:
- Bending/Stooping – Frequently
- Climbing – Occasionally
- Keyboard Data Entry – Frequently
- Kneeling – Frequently
- Lifting/Moving Patients – Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) – 0-25 lbs – Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) – 25-75 lbs – Occasionally
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) – over 75 lbs – Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling – 0-25 lbs – Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling – 25-75 lbs – Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling – over 75 lbs – Frequently
- Reaching – Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements – Frequently
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements – Rarely
- Running – Rarely
- Sitting – Occasionally
- Squatting – Frequently
- Standing – Frequently
- Walking – Frequently
- Audible Speech – Frequently
- Hearing Acuity – Frequently
- Smelling Acuity – Never
- Taste Discrimination – Never
- Vision: Depth Perception – Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color – Frequently
- Vision: Seeing – Far – Frequently
- Vision: Seeing – Near – Frequently
Owensboro Health is committed to providing a safe working environment including training and access to person protective equipment necessary to this position. While performing duties of this position, occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens is present for all employees.