|Assistant Plant Manager
Total Packaging, a manufacturing plant owned by Tasty Brands LLC, is an innovative supplier of operational and packaging solutions.
The Assistant Plant Manager in our RTE food manufacturing plant directs and manages all plant operations including production, warehouse, maintenance and quality under the director of the Plant Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring that company standards are achieved and maintained with an emphasis on continuous improvement, providing support, structure and training for employees at the plant. The Assistant Plant Manager will be required to be a hands-on, self-starter with the ability to motivate and lead staff.
- All aspects of plant management with to assure cost effective, timely and efficient production and coordinate distribution of consistently high quality products.
- Works with the Plant Manager on plant finances regarding facilities and employees.
- Assists in staffing by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring and developing steps of the process by setting processing instructions, observing control points and equipment, monitoring staff.
- Under the direction of the Plant Manager, setting productions shifts accomplishing product manufacturing goals by establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems and reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Reports to the Plant Manager the production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Direct contact for personnel problems. Responsible for analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action to the Plant Manager.
- Experience in food packaging plant – mandatory.
- 4-6 years of experience supervising in a USDA food manufacturing facility.
- Project Management experience, specifically with plant relocations.
- HACCP certification a plus.
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- True team player with a positive and cooperative attitude. “No job too small “mantra.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office.
- Proven experience in project management; specifically, plant relocations.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to commutate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate in fast paced production environment.
- Able to lift to 50lbs.
- Food safety knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to TOTAL PACKAGING.