Community College Student Recruiter (Part-Time), Western Kentucky University – Owensboro, Owensboro, Ky.
Western Kentucky University Owensboro
Community college student recruiter
Western Kentucky University Owensboro seeks candidates for the position of a Student Recruiter for the area community college students transferring to WKU Owensboro. The Academic Advisor/Recruiter will assist local community college students who want to continue their four year college degree through transferring to one of the WKU Campuses. This position is a part-time, temporary appointment, approximately twenty (20) hours a week and travel for a six month period. This position is based at the WKU Owensboro campus and reports to the WKU Owensboro Chancellor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Travels to Henderson Community College and Ivy Tech – Southwest Community College to recruit and assist students desiring to transfer to one of the WKU Campuses
- Advises community college students wishing to pursue a bachelor degree at WKU
- Interacts with faculty, staff, and administrators to develop strong partnerships between community college institutions and WKU
- Applies local area workforce needs to the career planning for community college students as they select WKU majors
- Associate Degree
- Willingness and ability to travel daily
- Excellent skills in written and spoken communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to organize and coordinate information
- Willingness to keep flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Resumes should be directed to: