If so, we are seeking you to join our specialized Product/Event Demonstrator-“Event Specialist” team!
CROSSMARK Event Specialists are vital to our success! In an increasingly complex retail environment, our Event Specialist team members are brand ambassadors to our clients. We engage consumers by providing positive product demonstration and generating brand awareness. If providing consumers with the opportunity to see and purchase the latest or improved products from our clients excites you, come join the CROSSMARK Team!
- Create a positive product impression and generate brand awareness for onsite/in-store food and non-food demonstrations.
- Proactively intercept, engage, interact and communicate with consumers to demonstrate products features and benefits in a professional manner.
- Possess the ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of products represented.
- Properly prepares event table/cart (set up & breakdown) for demonstration execution.
- Ability to prepare and serve food and beverage samples using required appliances, such as; microwave, convection oven, electric fryer, skillet, juicer, coffee maker, cooking utensils, forks/knives and hot oils.
- Maintain a clean, sterile and safe work station using cleaning chemicals.
- Maintain an overall professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the role.
- Provide excellent customer service and develop a professional working relationship with store personnel to effectively meet CROSSMARK’S and client objectives.
- Accurately prepare and submit all online requirements on the day of event demonstration/execution.
- Ability to access the internet, navigate through CROSSMARK’s electronic systems, using web based Microsoft Outlook, and capability to view assigned documents, including Microsoft Word & Adobe PDF forms.
- Follow CROSSMARK’s policies, procedures and position responsibilities.
*Although not required, experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Retail Sales
- Customer Service
- Product Demonstration
- Brand Ambassador
- Food Service Handling
Qualifications: Hours of Operations & Availability (Part-Time Associate)
- This role is not expected to exceed 25 hours a week, although CROSSMARK does maintain discretion to change the hours, based on the needs of the client and or business.
- Required availability : Saturday and Sunday 10 am – 7 pm.
- Most shifts are 6 ½ hours in length, including breaks.
- Events run on a staggered shift schedule primarily between the preferred hours of 10 am & 7 pm- 7 days a week. The number of events vary per week, so your assigned schedule depends on the work load for that week. Periodically, we do have special events that occur on different days and hours.
Computer and Technology Proficiency
- Daily access to a computer with internet connection is essential.
- Team members must be able to navigate through CROSSMARK’s web based platform, and ability to view assigned documents in MS Word and Adobe PDF.
- All training, project scheduling and time reporting is utilized via a virtual web based platform.
- Our technology platform does not support mobile/tablet devices.
The employee will be regularly required to: Stand up to 4 hours at a time without a break; Walk; Use hands and fingers to handle or feel; Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead); Talk and hear; Visual ability to read instructions and perform events; Stoop; Kneel; Crouch; Climb (including use of a 6’ ladder); Balance; Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds); Push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300 pounds fully laden with appliances, supplies and product; Prepare foods and beverages using the required appliances, such as cooking utensils, knives, convection oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils; Be in contact with cleaning supplies.
- Orange Juicer : some demos require routinely lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Pineapple Corer : equipment contains sharp edges
- Tortilla Maker : exposure to heated and pressurized equipment
Associates must present a professional, neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are: long-sleeve, button-down white collared shirt along with full length black pants, and solid black, low-heel, closed-toe/closed-heel shoes. CROSSMARK will supply a baseball type cap, and an apron.
Health Code Requirements
Hair must be tucked into the ball cap or hair net, exposed facial hair may require a beard guard. No facial jewelry, including tongue eyebrow or nose piercings. Tattoos which are not covered by the uniform including face and neck must be covered with a bandage or makeup.
Specialized Knowledge, License, etc
Food Safety Training & Protocol provided; Local Food handlers permit may be required.
(Environment in which the job is performed): Retail store environment with some travel.
English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred, equivalent job related experience will be considered as well.
Associates are required to submit to a standard background check and drug screening as required when designated by the client
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
CROSSMARK is committed to providing accessible employment practices and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know.