- Responsible for promoting a safe culture and awareness within their area of responsibility. Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Responsible for all initial training of new hires and continuous training of the safety and ISO quality management systems
- Directly supervise hourly Team Members to achieve expected levels of safety, quality and productivity.
- Support all leadership functions relating to the coaching, training, mentoring, conflict resolution and disciplining of team members.
- Actively participate in the selection process of hiring new talent into the organization and performing subsequent evaluations.
- Incorporate, identify, and take action on process improvements through Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma methodologies.
- Audit production processes to ensure both safety and quality standards are achieved.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Promote a culture of accountability with all Team Members.
Qualifications: Education and Knowledge:
Associate’s degree in management or engineering related field required. Knowledge of OSHA compliance and safety policy/procedures preferred. Ability to read/write English. Knowledge of ceramic manufacturing and quality standards preferred.
3 – 5 years of supervisory experience, experience in a lean manufacturing environment a plus. Candidates in a role of progressive responsibility may be considered
Core competencies include strong communication skills, organizational and problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and ability to analyze, plan, and schedule resources.
Basic computer skills in the use of email, and Microsoft Office Programs.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k Employee Purchase Discount Tuition Reimbursement