Inventory Control Team Lead
Academy Sports + Outdoors 2,184 reviews – Owensboro, KY
|Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth .
Job Description At least one year of retail experience in a complex, large format store
High school diploma or GED preferred
Regular attendance required.
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to lead multiple projects at one time
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Effective at communicating with team, including listening, speaking, reading, and writing effectively
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Primary Objective: Provide safety, security, and inventory control leadership while maintaining a focus on providing exceptional customer service.
- Ensures company safety procedures are followed and audits store processes accordingly
- Partners with store merchandising teams to secure inventory in areas of the store with high rate of shrink
- Executes directed cycle counts on items with high rate of shrink or low sell through rate
- Performs audits as necessary on processes regarding firearm sales
- Audits firearms inventory on monthly basis
- Performs inventory adjustments and audits store on-hand inventory counts
- Provides training and guidance to cashiers to ensure Loss
- Prevention procedures are followed
- Provides feedback to Senior Team Lead and/or Manager on how associates are executing day to day tasks and service
- Provides daily direction and communication to associates
- Drives the team to complete daily tasks within expected timeframe and within budgeted payroll hours
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures.
- Suggests methods to improve department operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
- Completes tasks as delegated by Senior Team Lead and/or Manager
- Champions Omni channel initiatives to drive in-store customer service and online sales
- Required to learn company policies and procedures
- Required to learn company safety rules
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer