The PBI Bank Banking Center Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, including operations, product sales, customer service, security and safety in accordance with the Bank’s objectives. The Banking Center Manager serves as a leader to his or her team of associates.
EXPECTATIONS / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for building and maintaining a retail sales and service culture in the Branch and demonstrating sales leadership in all sales activities in the Branch. Accountable for development and implementation of Branch / Market sales plan.
- Manages the sales process for the Branch / Market. Sets goals, creates sales plans, provides coaching and feedback, encourages and reinforces all sales behaviors taught in sales training, monitors results, provides and / or makes recommendations to Market President and Senior Management in reference to rewards and recognition.
- Assists customers with their banking needs and reinforces the sales process when opening accounts and cross-selling bank products and services.
- Monitors customer service levels, responds to customer issues and ensures staff is meeting bank-wide standards.
- Communicates with customers and resolves more complex problems, issues and complaints.
- Ensures Branch compliance to operational, internal audit, and security policies and procedures.
- Ensures the Branch is operating in compliance within which employees perform individually and collectively to achieve overall Branch goals.
- Demonstrates leadership, and sets a positive example, in fostering teamwork, motivating staff, staff communications and employee development.
- Coaches and trains staff on how to provide a superior customer experience. Provides updates to staff on measurable customer experience data to meet the highest standards.
- Supervise, manage and actively participate in consultation with Chief Operations Officer and Customer Service Manager in all duties related to, but not limited to branch cash and transaction procedure audits, CSR shortage and overage, training, development, any and all required monitoring and reporting.
- Responsible for overall branch operations in regards, but not limited to, policies and procedures
- Responsible for identifying and recommending proper personnel staffing of the Branch to upper management and / or Community Market President. Also responsible for goal setting, performance reviews and rating, salary reviews, recognition of employee accomplishments, full-time / part-time staffing ratios, disciplinary action, training, recommendations to management for hiring of new employees.
- Responsible to consult with Human Resources Director and/ or Community Market President concerning any issue that may potentially result in termination of an employee due to violation of bank policy, procedure and / or unacceptable performance and / or any illegal or inappropriate behavior and / or inappropriate action toward another employee or customer of the Bank.
- Responsible to conduct weekly Huddles with Branch Personnel to acknowledge individual and team success, set the expectation (GOALS Month & Week), ask for commitment and verbalize appreciation.
- Conduct One 2 Ones with individual personnel to discuss individual goals and plans of action. Conduct a wrap up session to coach for more or celebrate success.
- May participate in annual budget preparation for the Branch. Manages costs and staffing levels within approved guidelines. Makes decisions to enhance bank performance and profitability.
- Represents the Bank in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
- Participates in Bank sponsored activities, projects and training.
- Participates in Retail committees and initiatives.
- May perform all duties of a CSR, including but not limited to, operating a cash drawer, processing transactions, and ensuring superior service.
- May perform all duties of a Personal Banker, including but not limited to, opening new accounts and the presentation and sale of bank products and services.
- May be required to perform other Branch positions at any time.
- Manages and communicates promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
- Responsible for developing, acquiring and maintaining a consumer/small business loan portfolio including originating loans, underwriting, determining ( DTI) Debt to Income ratios, (DSC) Debit Service Coverage, completing and writing credit summaries for both new loan request and loan renewals while adhering to the requirements and guidelines of PBI Bank’s Loan Policy.
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of lending and underwriting fundamentals with respect to consumer lending, real estate secure lending and/or other forms of small business lending options.
- Responsible for completing and presenting loan request to the appropriate loan committee(s); relating to loan reviews, annual renewals, revisions, and or approvals for all request beyond your approved lending authority.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a loan portfolio, including but not limited to, collections, renewals, revisions, and monitoring past due accounts in a professional manner.
- Possess prior experience in a consumer and/or small business lending environment including consumer loan request, home equity loans, vehicle secured loans and small business type loans.
- Serve as the branch and market contact for various residential mortgage loan products including portfolio loans and secondary market loans and strategies in a banking center environment.
- NMLS registration required.*
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required.
- Post high school education or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum three years in community banking and financial service industry with extensive experience in sales and managing a significant deposit and customer base.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills are required to motivate and develop a team.
- Demonstrated sales, business development and relationship management experience.
- Knowledge of the overall business marketplace with a history of successful community involvement.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of financial industry core processing systems.
- Proven excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities under time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid problem solving, conflict resolution and team building skills.
Join the PBI Bank Team
Our most valuable asset at PBI Bank is our people. We are focused on building strong relationships with our customers and each other. We conduct business with a high standard of ethics and integrity and we are always looking for individuals who have the enthusiasm to learn, improve, and make a difference. At PBI Bank, YOU can make that difference!
Our team members are committed to living the following values:
Honesty & Integrity
Positive & Constructive Attitudes
Conduct Oneself in Professional Manner
Celebrate Successes & Have Fun
PBI Bank is committed to our employees and the communities in which we serve.
Continual investment in our people is one of our top priorities. We believe that the people of PBI Bank, along with our products and services, are what contribute to the success of our bank.
We greatly value our employees because we know that the future of PBI Bank rests in their hands. We offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for professional development and advancement. Our competitive benefits package is designed to give you the power to choose the type and level of coverage that meets your needs.
PBI Bank is pleased to offer its full-time associates a range of benefits such as:
Supplemental Life Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Health Savings Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts
Profit Sharing and 401K Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Short Term Disability
Paid Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Programs
PBI Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Thank you for your interest in joining our dedicated team!