|Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
Job Description: Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a EMT Professional Security Officer .
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) works as a member of a pre-hospital emergency care medical team. They administer first aid treatment and other emergency care to sick or injured persons and assist with facilitating the transport to medical facilities. At times, EMTs will also be required to handle some security related functions.
- Responds to emergency calls from a dispatcher such as requests for medical assistance following emergency response proceedings
- Determines the nature and extent of illness and injury
- Establishes priorities in order to determine procedures to be followed for emergency first aid or assistance; Request additional help, including special rescue and utility services
- Provides emergency medical care and other treatment pursuant to EMT certification
- Reports all medical incidents, accidents or emergencies to include completing a Daily Activity Log on every shift, describing all activities; Complete an Incident Report documenting any medical response calls on client property
- Maintains all assigned equipment and inventory of supplies
- Maintains professionalism at all times and ensuring excellent customer service to the clients and their guest
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
Qualified applicants for the EMT/Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- Possess and maintain a State Certified EMT Basic, Intermediate, or Paramedic license
- Current Health Care Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR card
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age or older based on legal and contractual requirements
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Closing: Allied Universal Services is the USA’s largest provider of security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, shopping centers and residential communities Allied Universal offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from professional security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture help our employees grow personally and professionally.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Requisition ID: 2017-128302