Owensboro Health 22 reviews – Owensboro, KY 42303
|Performs echocardiogram exams according to departmental protocols using cognitive skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
- Job Responsibilities
- Prepares preliminary reports and contacts referring physicians when required, according to established procedures.
- Provides proper documentation for each patient/exam.
- Assists cardiologists with performing Transesophageal Echo studies and stress echo studies.
- Organizational Responsibilities
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of compliance, safety and a high reliability organization; behavior supports the organization’s core commitments of Integrity, Service, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Associate’s degree in Medical Sonography or related field required. A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) required within one year employment in this position. Certified as a Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position.
- Work Experience
- 0 to 4 years progressive experience in a related field required. At least 3 years of experience in Echocardiography preferred.
- Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment. Works under minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- FLSA Classification
- This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees. Specific duties and responsibilities consistent with the general nature and level of work described may vary by department and additional related duties may be assigned as needed. Some duties listed may not apply to all areas.
- Additional Position Related Details
- Populations Served
- Training is provided relevant to the population served, based on scope of care of the service assignment.
- Physical Requirements
Activity and Frequency:
- Bending/Stooping – Frequently
- Climbing – Rarely
- Keyboard Data Entry – Frequently
- Kneeling – Occasionally
- Lifting/Moving Patients – Occasionally
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) – 0-25 lbs – Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) – 25-75 lbs – Never
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) – over 75 lbs – Never
- Pushing/Pulling – 0-25 lbs – Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling – 25-75 lbs – Never
- Pushing/Pulling – over 75 lbs – Never
- Reaching – Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements – Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements – Frequently
- Running – Never
- Sitting – Frequently
- Squatting – Occasionally
- Standing – Frequently
- Walking – Frequently
- Audible Speech – Frequently
- Hearing Acuity – Frequently
- Smelling Acuity – Never
- Taste Discrimination – Never
- Vision: Depth Perception – Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color – Frequently
- Vision: Seeing – Far – Frequently
- Vision: Seeing – Near – Frequently
Owensboro Health is committed to providing a safe working environment including training and access to person protective equipment necessary to this position. While performing duties of this position, occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens is present for all employees.