Patient Care Coordinator
Regional Health Care Affiliates, Inc.-Health First CHC – Earlington, KY
|Applicant must possess true concern and compassion for patients, excellent communication and computer skills, a proven ability to multi-task and be detail/team oriented. High school diploma required. SRNA or CMA certification required. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish). On the job training provided.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs (such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height) and records information on patient’s charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Applies compresses, ice bags and hot water bottles.
- Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes and oxygen suppliers.
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Re-stock medical supplies in exam room.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patient’s chart.
- Assist with operation of x-ray, electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to complete routine diagnostic tests or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Assists as needed in billing/registration office with scheduling appointments, receives money for bills, keeps x-ray and other medical records, performs secretarial tasks, and completes insurance forms.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- Provides coverage for lab technicians and receptionists as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Clinician Supervisor.
- Responsible for entering all required information in the EMR according to protocol and processes established.
- Responsible for accurate and complete documentation of a complete medical history, family, and social history as well as medications at each visit by a patient.
- Will review patient demographics and other entered data to assure accuracy.
- Will maintain basic life support and defibrillation certification according to Red Cross or American Heart Association guidelines.
- Will coordinate with provider to ensure all quality standards of the organization are met on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all referrals to internal on-staff providers such as, but not limited to, dietician and behavioral health ARNP are coordinated per RHCA policy and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: