|Help those with disabilities in your community by joining Evansville Goodwill Industries. We take pride in helping community members with disabilities receive job training and job placement through our Work Solutions program.
As an employment specialist, you will coordinate training and job placement throughout the community at various companies. You will coordinate intake, eligibility, orientation, advising, and follow-up for clients who are in need of education and/or employment services throughout a multi-county territory. Coaches, mentors, and facilitates activities for training clients in order to improve employability by utilizing appropriate training methods and motivational techniques. Networks with outside resources to promote Goodwill’s programs and services and assure successful client placements.
This position requires up to 50% travel daily. The employment specialist is working an assigned region meaning driving to meeting locations and back to a local office. Includes mileage reimbursement.
- Job Placement and Career Services
- Retention and Support Services
- Case Coordination
- Participates in the Evansville Goodwill Industries Business Advisory Council.
- Models appropriate behavior in line with the Goodwill mission and values.
- Represents Goodwill in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assumes conformance with Goodwill policy, procedures and applicable CARF standards.
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- College credential, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, in human service area of study coupled with a minimum of two years related experience including sales/marketing, recruitment and/or job coaching. Extensive related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be a results-oriented individual with the ability to motivate and inspire self and others.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm or more accurately and operate standard office equipment.
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, data base applications and the internet.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret information while demonstrating good verbal and written communication and language skills.
- Ability to make civic, social and business contacts
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Varied and relevant work experience and knowledge of community resources.
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours and location.
- Personal vehicle in good operating order available for travel in and out of town.
- Effective written and verbal communications.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Submit to a background check, drug screen, and driving record check.
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour