Asset Protection Specialist – Town Sq Mall
JCPenney 12,111 reviews – Owensboro, KY 42301
Are you interested in the Criminal Justice field, but not the least bit interested in riding around in a patrol car? Are you interested in learning how to run a business and how profitability is affected by having a sound, theft-free, safe work environment? Would you describe yourself as a confident, dedicated and able to directly handle difficult customer situations with ease? Well…being an Asset Protection Specialist at JCPenney might be the position for you! Come be a part of our team.
The AP Specialist’s role is to keep their store safe and profitable at all times by executing company programs and investigating any suspicious customer or associate activities or behavior in the store.
- Coaching – You know how important it is to a) provide the store team with ongoing training and feedback
- Responsible for shrinkage and safety awareness programs – You know how important it is for the store team to understand current shrinkage and safety issues related to store profitability and environment. You lead all of the asset protection communications within the store to let the team know what’s going on what they need to do to create the right store experience.
- Accountable for record maintenance – You are in charge of a lot of detail. The company and law enforcement agencies are depending on you to have complete and accurate reports to assist any investigation that may need to occur for the store. You are always on top of the documentation to ensure everything is complete and in order.
- Participates in court hearings – You’re a pro when it comes to witness stand. Others may get nervous or forget the details under pressure, but not you…You have the facts, you know the facts, and you are more than willing to educate others on the details.
- Workplace safety – You know that having a safe environment is a critical factor in customer satisfaction and associate engagement. You coach associates within the store on best practices and when an event occurs, you are breaking it down to find the root cause of the issue to prevent it from occurring in the future.
- Internal investigations – You know that one of the major causes of loss is store associate dishonesty and unfortunately, you’ve got to keep a close eye on them as well. Sure, it can be awkward to investigate someone that you know by checking bags, setting up surveillance, or interviewing – but it’s absolutely necessary to store profitability.
- Merchandise protection and safety assessment compliance – You periodically walk the sales floor to audit shops to ensure merchandise protection standards as well as operational practices are in compliance with company standards. When they are not, you know who to talk to and what needs to get done.
- Supports organized crime initiatives – You are the eyes and ears on the ground when it comes to company or industry related initiatives to stop organized retail crime. You partner with district teams as well as other retailers to combine forces to identify trends and patterns or collect evidence to stop these crime rings before they even start.
Skills and Characteristics:
Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
Coaching – Coaches others and provides meaningful insights, candid feedback and clear direction to help the team grow, develop and perform; creates an environment of fairness by being approachable and honestSocial Intelligence – You can read between the lines and adjust your behavior and actions based on how someone is reacting.