Master Scheduler – Comac – Koch – Henderson, KY 42420
Master Scheduler – Comac
koch 19 reviews – Henderson, KY 42420
|Gibbs Die Casting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and as such will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetics, physical or mental disability, or other protected characteristic.
Gibbs Die Casting Corporation
TITLE: Master Scheduler
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain/Shipping
REPORTS TO: Director, Supply Chain
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Support Gibbs Die Castings strategic Initiatives thru; Customer Satisfaction, On time delivery, Reduction of inventory levels, Reduction of premium freight occurrences, Level scheduling, and Cost reduction activities.
ESSENTIAL GOALS, FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Master Scheduler develops the production schedules in order to meet customer delivery requirements in accordance with company policies and procedures. They are responsible for monitoring manufacturing, and maintaining up to date status reports with relevant departments. Awareness of both the plant capabilities and the customer needs, and balance the customer needs with the plants current capabilities.
Key Responsibilities ;
· Responsible for key supply chain performance indicators across velocity and order-to-delivery.
· Gather forecast and constrained Sales and Operations Planning data (SNOP), and analyzes information to develop a valid production plan and achievable master schedule for the facilities.
· Lead the facilities Sales and Operations Process, report performance to forecast, production and inventory plans in both units and dollars.
· Lead efforts to achieve customer delivery/promise dates by setting and managing priorities.
· Responsible for the preparation and effective communication of the master schedule.
· Lead master scheduling for the facilities, working closely with other functions, ie, marketing, product support, manufacturing, engineering, logistics, and external business partners.
· Lead efforts in conjunction with marketing/sales to develop accurate forecast and economical inventory/customer satisfaction plan.
· Use information gathered from these efforts to develop innovative, flexible approaches to meet customer satisfaction requirements.
· Use common processes to develop and distribute the measurements and reports necessary to monitor progress towards goals, and provide a feedback loop so decisions can be made for short-term scheduling.
· Play a key role in capacity and manpower planning at the facility.
· Lead facility efforts to build strong partnerships involving complex relationships and networks of facility and external resources at all functional and organizational levels.
· Analyze, understand and anticipate customer needs, ensuring they are reflected in production activities.
· Ensure a level schedule plan and make production line provisions for variations of customers demand.
· Manage the float and safety stock levels.
· Drive on-time shipment performance by understanding key supply issues and driving actions with team.
· Review actual demand vs. master production schedule plan for key changes/gaps.
· Follow all aspects of Safety as described in GDC Safety Roles and Expectations.
· Follow prescribed safety regulations, including proper use of all required personal protective equipment.
· Follow all Quality Policy and Environmental Policy guidelines.
· Maintain work area and equipment clean and orderly according to established Gibbs 7-S Guidelines.
· Able to work weekends and overtime as required.
· Meet all physical and environmental requirements.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain and or Logistics Management
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ of supply chain experience. Knowledge of material control, supply chain planning, supply chain performance, logistics, inventory control, operations.
Communication : Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization, conflict resolution and communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematics: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning and Problem Solving: Advanced analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format. Ability to deal with problems where no standards or procedures exist. Apply appropriate judgment and initiative in determining source of information and action required to achieve desired result. High degree of intellectual curiosity. Should enjoy solving problems and continuous improvement
Other Training: Lean methods .
Computer Skills: Intermediate skill in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), AS400 based programs such as CMS400, and Internet Browsers.
§ APICS CPIM
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to koch.
Be the first to apply to this job on Indeed.