Front Office Specialist
Fast Pace Urgent Care 24 reviews – Madisonville, KY
|Fast Pace Medical operates Urgent Care clinics across Tennessee and Kentucky. We provide quality care to our patients and can treat a variety of acute and chronic conditions. We are currently seeking a Full-Time front desk employee. Full-time employees work three, 12-hour shifts per week and alternate weekends.
We provide a competitive benefits package, including health, 401(k), PTO, and Holiday Pay.
Responsibilities: Job Summary : Responsible for greeting patients, creating and updating patient and insurance information in the computer system, verifying and analyzing health insurance benefits, collecting co-pays or charges, answering phones and other related duties.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Greet, register, instruct, discharge and provide general assistance to patients.
- Obtain demographic and financial information and enter into computer system.
- Verify insurance eligibility and relay relevant information on payment policies and billing/collection processes.
- Determine and collect co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, past due balances and other patient financial responsibility
- Retrieve and fax/mail medical records to primary care providers and insurance carriers per patient request.
- Answer telephone, take messages and return voicemails.
- Perform clerical tasks as required.
Qualifications: Job qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical office experience and a familiarity with basic medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with the public in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work all shifts including day and weekend hours as needed.
- Basic computer skills. Types 25 words per minute with 96% accuracy.
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communications skills.