Technology Specialist Level II
AlphaProTemps, A.P.R., Inc. – Owensboro, KY
|In this position, the candidate will work normal business hours during the day, but there is also on-call hours during 2nd and 3rd shift. There is premium pay for having to go in during off hours
Support the day to day operations of PC’s and networking equipment for the manufacturing location. Coordinate small to medium size IT projects for the mill and contribute to large IT projects.
- PC Support – Handles site specific help desk problems that require an office/desk visit.
- LAN Administration Support – performs requests/setup for new employee accounts (LAN, email, etc.).
- Network Support – Installs all new network equipment with assistance from Network Operations team.
- PC Deployment – Performs imaging on new PC’s including software installation.
- Surplus Coordination – Document and coordinate IT hardware surplus equipment process for inventory purposes.
- Server Support/Maintenance – Plans and performs maintenance activities with assistance from the Server team as needed.
- Maintain site Business Continuity Plan for ITS.
- Maintain 1 – 5 year ITS plan.
- Ensure that the LAN and related computer systems are in compliance with established control procedures
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
- Rapidly absorbs new technical information and applies it effectively.
High School Degree or GED
4-7 years of applied experience with demonstrated skills described defined below.
Troubleshooting and solving basic computer issues, familiar with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2003/2008 Server, SQL Server 2003/2008, Cisco Networking, LAN networks, Wireless networks, Firewalls, Microsoft Office products, and SharePoint.