Whayne Supply Company 6 reviews – Owensboro, KY 42301
|Performs repairs to Caterpillar and allied equipment at customer locations. Installs new equipment and component parts. Performs standard work assignments, without supervision, according to needs of the customer and company. Is assigned a company service truck and may be dispatched from home or company shop.
- Performs repairs to CAT and allied construction machinery, at customer’s jobsite or at Company Shop, using appropriate tooling and test equipment to capably complete the work in timely and efficient manner with a high level of quality.
- Operates construction machinery to evaluate and troubleshoot mechanical problems prior to repairs and test upon completion of repairs.
- Maintains a valid Commercial Driver’s License in compliance with Company and DOT regulations.
- Lifts parts and equipment components that weigh a minimum of 70 lbs. when working alone or assisting others to make repairs to equipment.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Reads and comprehends blueprints, technical data/service manuals and writes legibly.
- May be required to stay overnight near jobsite and be available to provide service to customers on a 24 hour, seven day a week basis.
- Uses test equipment to analyze, evaluate and locate problems. Confer with customer and/or supervisor or make independent on the job decisions when necessary.
- Follow company work rules, job safety, Fleet Safety Program procedures and complies with DOT Hours of Service requirements.
- Projects a positive company image by interacting with fellow employees, customers, and management in a cooperative, supportive and courteous manner; displays an attitude of professionalism; complies with company dress code.
- Maintains assigned service truck in safe, clean, operable condition. Obeys state and company rules of the road. If accident occurs, fills out reports promptly.
- Writes service reports at jobsite and has signed by customer; keeps accurate time on job and turns in cards in a timely manner.
- Ensures accuracy of work orders by charging parts and labor to proper work order segment.
- Owns, updates and maintains sufficient hand tools to perform the job.
- To fully service our customer, Field Technicians may be required to work overtime and/or stay overnight near jobsite, and will be available to provide service to customers on a 24 hour, seven days a week basis.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Personal protective equipment and environment:
Safety glasses and steel toe shoes.