Common Team Lead
Meijer 4,229 reviews – Owensboro, KY
|Currently, Meijer is looking for a Common Team Leader (45). Plans, directs and supervises Team Members in the day to day operations in the Common Area department. Maximizes profits and delivers exceptional customer service. Ensures that all planograms and displays are set in a timely manner.
- Responsible for staffing selection and hiring to achieve staffing needs
- Promotes succession planning by providing career paths, identifying development needs and being involved with and accountable for promotion decisions
- Documents and applies disciplinary actions and makes recommendations concerning discharge
- Responsible for achieving store Sales, Margin, and shrink goals and for labor plans for their area of responsibility
- Reviews sales goals, supply costs, stock loss/shrink results and goals
- Models exceptional, fast and friendly customer service
- Reviews Customer Survey and customer feedback from previous week or day
- Supervises to ensures that all planograms are set by the due date
- Ensures that all 3rd party vendors are supplied planograms, layouts and any other tools requested
- Ensures that checklanes and fastracks are set and stocked
- Manages organization of the common area backroom
- Ensures that the team is thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have completed all required training
- Schedules the Common Area Team
- Communicates the Meijer Friendly Initiative in all team meetings and conversations
- Supervises the Common Area Team to:
- Set and stock initial T-Aisle, Center Stage, General Merchandise Center Aisle and Planogrammed Endcaps on time and to standard
- Be responsible for all General Merchandise visual elements
- Ensure Fast Tracks/Check lanes are executed in total store
- Ensure New Item organization is to standard
- Execute Floor Inventory Prep (out and around)
- Inventory prep for Common Area backroom
- Supervises execution of all store promotions including In Marketing Services
- Promotes a safe work environment
- Reliable and consistent attendance required
- Other daily tasks as required
- High school diploma required
- 3-5 years of related retail experience
- One year of management experience
- This position may be a developmental assignment and as such incumbents might be reassigned to other areas of the store.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to team members in the organization in a way that provides clear and precise direction.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and by addressing root cause issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and statistical information and use that information to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to teach suggestive selling.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that practices working safely at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in all areas of the organization including SDITs, team members in hourly positions and team leaders.
- Successful completion of all required certifications