Maintenance Technician, Regional Water Resource Agency – Owensboro, KY
Regional Water Resource Agency – Owensboro, KY
$18.38 – $20.90 an hour
|Regional Water Resource Agency (RWRA) , the municipal wastewater utility located in Owensboro, KY, is accepting applications for the position of Maintenance Technician .
Individuals in this position will complete a variety of mechanical and electrical duties on a daily basis.
Essential job duties include:
* Maintenance, repair, and operation of pumps, electrical motors, automated control systems,
programmable logic, and related equipment in wastewater treatment plants and collection
* Identify, troubleshoot, document, and report mechanical and/or electrical deficiencies, and
proceed on their own initiative to correct defects
* Operate crane truck and attachments/accessories, utility type tool trucks with portable
crane, and scissor lift, as well as a variety of shop tools and equipment
* Working mainly in an outdoor environment, being in a standing position the majority of
the time, walking on a frequent basis
* Lifting/carrying up to 75 lbs in any given day
Confined space entry is required in this position, such as in the treatment plants and lift stations.
Minimum job requirements include:
* A valid driver’s license (current CDL Class B is a plus) is required prior to employment
* A state or professional license/certificate or degree in an approved job related field is
required, such as the electrical field or industrial maintenance
* A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated, independent, proficient troubleshooting experience
in mechanical and electrical maintenance or related field is required
* Experience in PLC programming is preferred
Applications are being accepted to fill a full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt position opening.
The work hours for this position are typically 7:00am-3:30pm, M-F. Rotating and scheduled on-call/after-hours work is also a position requirement.
The minimum pay rate may range from $18.38/hour to $20.90/hour, depending upon relative work experience.
Full-time benefits consist of medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid holiday, vacation, and sick time, as well as retirement through the Kentucky Retirement System.
The Application Packet (which includes the job application, job description, and application procedures) may be obtained at:
* RWRA David Hawes (East) Treatment Plant and Administrative Offices, located at 1722
Pleasant Valley Road, Owensboro, KY 42303 (Office hours: M-F 7:00am – 4:00pm)
* RWRA’s website http://www.rwra.org
To be considered for this position, submit your completed and signed application (and resume if available) via:
* Email: jobs email listed on our website
* Mail or Delivery:
Regional Water Resource Agency
Attn: Human Resources
1722 Pleasant Valley Road
Owensboro, KY 42303
Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, May 12, 2017 at 4:00pm. EOE, Certified Drug-Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.38 to $20.90 /hour
Required license or certification: