Radiology Patient Assistant II, Radiology
Deaconess Health System 25 reviews – Evansville, IN
|We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our great staff of health care providers as we continue to grow. .
The Radiology Patient Assistant II (RPA II) performs various patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, comfort, and safety of all Radiology Patients. The RPA II also provides assistance to the professional staff and works under the direction of the Registered Technologist.
Job duties include the following (other duties as assigned):
- Provides or assists with basic patient care requirements, treatments, and procedures.
- Obtaining and/or calling results to referring doctors, prepare patients for exams, and assists with patient transfers.
- Utilizes EMR to ‘arrive” scheduled patients and provide instruction on appropriate exam dress as well as assist with initial screening and medication reconciliation and notifying modality of arrival of patient
- Obtains vital signs and recognizes the need for oxygen.
- Transports patients and/or specimens. This transfer can be from bed to imaging table or from one department to another.
- Maintains supplies for area.
- Coordinate biopsies for ancillary areas.
- Stocks and cleans area.
- Answers multi-line phones. Takes accurate messages and provides follow up when asked.
- Completes work orders in CMMS.
- Obtains pertinent laboratory values for patients when applicable.
- Scanning documentation in EMR
- Will maintain competency for front office duties including but not limited to Epic, CD burning, importing CD’s to PACS.
- Fulfills customer requests for images by reprinting exams from PACS for distribution to a physician office while utilizing proper quality assurance measures. Maintains records of released films/CD’s
- Operates film digitizer to convert hard copy images(Film or CD) into digital format and transmit to PACS
- Ensures necessary images are available for surgical procedures either on PACS or hard copy if required.
- Accesses reports, images, or other pertinent patient data via EMR or PACS while following applicable HIPAA guidelines
- Monitors the “Unexpected Findings” folder and provides follow up for those studies.
- Scanning patient documentation into EMR
- Monitors failed fax monitor and provides appropriate follow up.
Education and Experience
The individual must be a high school graduate. Some medical terminology is preferred, but not required.
This position is a Part Time (AP) authorized hour position which offers eligibility for part time benefits, wellness incentive and PTO incentive.