|Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Lewisport plant is seeking to add a Product and Process Technician to its team. The purpose of this role is to improve and transfer knowledge of all dedicated processes, responsible for process improvement, support product trial, support startup of new investments and processes, coordinate the deployment and implementation of the Aleris Process Control in Lewisport.
- Provide expertise, practical and administrative support to the PPT Engineers to facilitate efficient and effective execution of the ongoing process and product improvement– and development projects.
- Assist in the deployment and implementation of the Aleris Process Control (APC) in the CALP.
- Assist the PPT and PT Team in organizing, running and administrating process trials.
- Lead technical events to improve the capability and capacity of the process and the equipment.
- Make practical arrangements with the production planning to enable smooth trial runs.
- Follow up on trials on other production installations in the plant or at Tollers, occasionally requiring a flexible schedule.
- Coordinate and assist in the successful realization of the necessary sampling on internal and external trial material.
- Prepare samples for shipping to customers or third parties.
- Manage files and sample archive and guarantee traceability in case of projects, claims, and customer questions.
- Provide accurate result reporting to all areas.
- Guarantee reproducible results by developing job instructions for the operators and lab technicians.
- Training of the tools and methodology for the effective realization of process control.
- Act in either a leader/facilitator role or that of a team member to help support the Aleris Process Control deployment and implementation.
- Seek to implement best practices within Lewisport.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in Metallurgical, Chemical or Materials Engineering is required or equivalent relevant experience
- Good understanding of the Aluminum process
- Has knowledge of specific customer requirements for meeting projects
- Experience with automotive customers preferred
- Knowledge of the production installations in the plant to enable a safe and efficient follow up of trials
- Some technical training in a related field
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point required
- Knowledge of plant IT systems and manufacturing system preferred
- Certified LSS Green belt would be an asset
- Some statistical training preferred
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the position.